- Jun Ito, Kyosuke Nishida, Takahide Hoshide, Hiroyuki Toda, and Tadasu Uchiyama, "Demographic and Psychographic Estimation of Twitter Users Using Social Structures" in "Online Social Media Analysis and Visualization," Springer Lecture Notes in Social Networks, 2014.
- Yuki Endo, Hiroyuki Toda, Kyosuke Nishida, Jotaro Ikedo, "Classifying spatial trajectories using representation learning," International Journal of Data Science and Analytics, Jul. 2016.
- Makoto Nakatsuji, Hiroyuki Toda, Hiroshi Sawada, Jinguang Zheng, James A. Hendler, "Semantic sensitive tensor factorization," Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 230, pp. 224-245, 2016.
- Masaya Murata, Hiroyuki Toda, Yumiko Matsuura, Ryoji Kataoka, "Access Concentration Detection in Click Logs to Improve Mobile Web-IR", Information Sciences、Vol. 179, Issue 12, pp.1859-1869, May 2009.
- Hiroyuki Toda, Ryoji Kataoka, and Masahiro Oku, "Search Result Clustering using Informatively Named Entities", International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, Vol. 23, No. 1-2, pp. 3-23, July 2007.
International conferences, symposiums, and workshops
- Yuki Endo, Hiroyuki Toda, and Kyosuke Nishida, Akihisa Kawanobe, "Deep Feature Extraction from Trajectories for Transportation Mode Estimation," Proc. 20th Pacific Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD 2016) pp.54-66, April 2016.
- Kyosuke Nishida, Hiroyuki Toda, and Yoshimasa Koike, "Extracting Arbitrary-shaped Stay Regions from Geospatial Trajectories with Outliers and Missing Points", Proc. 8th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Computational Transportation Science (IWCTS 2015), November 2015.
- Mayumi Hadano, Makoto Nakatsuji, Hiroyuki Toda, and Yoshimasa Koike,"Assigning Tasks to Workers by Referring to Their Schedules in Mobile Crowdsourcing", Proc. Third AAAI Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing (HCOMP 2015) pp.10-11, November 2015.
- Yuki Endo, Hiroyuki Toda, Yoshimasa Koike, "What's Hot in The Theme: Query Dependent Emerging Topic Extraction from Social Streams," Proc. 24th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2015) Companion Volume, pp.31-32, May 2015.
- Jun Ito, Jing Song, Hiroyuki Toda, Yoshimasa Koike, Satoshi Oyama, "Assessment of Tweet Credibility with LDA Features," Proc. 24th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2015) Companion Volume, pp.953-958, May 2015.
- Kyosuke Nishida, Hiroyuki Toda, Takeshi Kurashima, Yoshihiko Suhara, "Probabilistic Identification of Visited Point-of-Interest for Personalized Automatic Check-in", Proc. the 2014 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp? 2014), September 2014.
- Noriko Yokoyama, Kaname Funakoshi, Hiroyuki Toda, Yoshimasa Koike, "Motivation System using Purpose-for-Action", Proc. 25th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2014) pp. 66-80, September 2014.
- Makoto Nakatsuji, Yasuhiro Fujiwara, Hiroyuki Toda, Hiroshi Sawada, Jin Zheng, James Alexander Hendler, "Semantic Data Representation for Improving Tensor Factorization", Proc. 28th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2014), pp.1004-2011, July 2014.
- Yoko Tanaka, Yoshihiko Suhara, Nobuaki Hiroshima, Hiroyuki Toda and Seiji Susaki, "Snippet generation by Identifying Attribute Associated Information," Proc. the 9th Asia Information Retrieval Societies Conference, Dececmber 2013.
- Jun Ito, Kyosuke Nishida, Takahide Hoshide, Hiroyuki Toda and Tadasu Uchiyama, "What is he/she like?: Estimating Twitter User Attributes from the Contents and Social Neighbors," Proc. the 2013 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 2013), pp 1448-1450, August 2013.
- Yoshihiko Suhara, Hiroyuki Toda, Shuichi Nishioka and Seiji Susaki, "Automatically Generated Spam Detection Based on Sentence-level Topic Information", Proc. 3rd Joint WICOW/AIRWeb Workshop on Web Quality (WebQuality? 2013), May 2013.
- Yutaka Kabutoya, Tomoharu Iwata, Hiroyuki Toda, and Hiroyuki Kitagawa, "A Probabilistic Model for Diversifying Recommendation Lists", Proc. 15th Asia-Pacific Web Conference (APWeb 2013), pp 348-359, April 2013.
- Makoto Nakatsuji, Yasuhiro Fujiwara, Toshio Uchiyama, and Hiroyuki Toda, "Collaborative filtering by analyzing dynamic user interests modeled by taxonomy", Proc. 11th international conference on The Semantic Web (ISWC 2012) - Volume Part I, pp 361-377, November 2012.
- Masaya Murata, Hiroyuki Toda, Yumiko Matsuura, Ryoji Kataoka, Takayoshi Mochizuki, "Detecting Periodic Changes in Search Intentions in a Search Engine", Proc. ACM 19th Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2010), 2010. (short paper)
- Hiroyuki Toda, Norihito Yasuda, Yumiko Matsuura, Ryoji Kataoka, "Geographic Information Retrieval to Suit Immediate Surroundings", Proc. 17th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2009), pp 452-455, Seattle, WA, USA, November 4-6, 2009. (poster)
- Masaya Murata, Hiroyuki Toda, Yumiko Matsuura, Ryoji Kataoka, "Query-page intention matching using clicked titles and snippets to boost search rankings", Proc. the 2009 Joint International Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL 2009), pp 105-114, Austin, TX, USA, June 2009.
- Hiroyuki Toda, Norihito Yasuda, Yumiko Matsuura, Ryoji Kataoka, "Geographic Information Retrieval against Immediate Surroundings", NSF Symposium: Semantic Knowledge Discovery, Organization and Use, New York, NY, USA, November, 14-15, 2008.
- Hiroyuki Toda, Norihito Yasuda, Yumiko Matsuura, Ryoji Kataoka, "Incorporating place name extents into Geo-IR ranking", Proc. ACM 17th Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2008), pp 1489-1490, Napa Valley, CA, USA, October 26-30, 2008. (poster)
- Takeshi Kurashima, Katsuji Bessho, Hiroyuki Toda, Toshio Uchiyama, Ryoji Kataoka, "Ranking the Entities Using Comparative Relations", Proc. 19th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2008), pp 124-133 Turin, Italy, Sep. 2008.
- Masaya Murata, Hiroyuki Toda, Yumiko Matsuura, Ryoji Kataoka, "Improving Mobile Web-IR using Access Concentration Sites in Search Results", Proc. 9th International Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering (WISE 2008), pp 221-234, Auckland, New Zealand, Sep. 2008. Kambayashi Best Paper Award
- Hiroyuki Toda, Hiroyuki Kitagawa, Ko Fujimura, Ryoji Kataoka, "Topic Structure Mining using Temporal Co-occurrence", Proc. 2nd International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (ICUIMC 2008), pp 253-258, Suwon, Korea, Jan. 2008.
- Yoshihiko Suhara, Hiroyuki Toda, Akito Sakurai, "Extracting Related Named Entities from Blogosphere for Event Mining", Proc. 2nd International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (ICUIMC 2008), pp 242-246, Suwon, Korea, Jan. 2008.
- Rui Kimura, Satoshi Oyama, Hiroyuki Toda, and Katsumi Tanaka, "Creating Personal Histories from the Web using Namesake Disambiguation and Event Extraction", Proc. 7th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2007), LNCS4607, pp 400-414, Como, Italy, July 2007. Springer
- Yoshihiko Suhara, Hiroyuki Toda, Akito Sakurai, "Event mining from the Blogosphere using topic words", Proc. 1st International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 2007), Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A., March 2007. (poster)Conference Site
- Hiroyuki Toda, Ko Fujimura, Ryoji Kataoka, and Hiroyuki Kitagawa, "Topic Structure Mining using PageRank? without Hyperlinks", Proc. 9th International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries (ICADL 2006), LNCS 4312, pp 151-162, Kyoto, Japan, November 2006. Springer
- Hiroyuki Toda, Ryoji Kataoka, and Hiroyuki Kitagawa, "Topic Structure Mining for Document Sets using Graph-Based Analysis", Proc. 17th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2006), LNCS 4080, pp 327-337, Krakow, Poland, September 2006. Springer
- Ko Fujimura, Hiroyuki Toda, Takafumi Inoue, Nobuaki Hiroshima, RyojiKataoka?, Masayuki Sugizaki, "BLOGRANGER - A Multi-faceted Blog Search Engine", Proc. 3rd Annual Workshop on the Weblogging Ecosystem: Aggregation, Analysis and Dynamics (WWE2006), Edinburgh, UK, May 2006. Conference Site
- Hiroyuki Toda, and Ryoji Kataoka, "Search Result Clustering Method at NTCIR-5 Web Query Expansion Subtask", Proc. 5th NTCIR Workshop Meeting on Evaluation of Information Access Technologies: Information Retrieval, Question Answering and Cross-Lingual Information Access(NTCIR-5), Tokyo, Japan, December 2005. PDF
- Hiroyuki Toda, and Ryoji Kataoka, "A search result clustering method using informatively named entities", Proc. 7th ACM International Workshop on Web Information and Data Management (WIDM 2005), pp 81-86, Bremen, Germany, November 2005. ACM
- Hiroyuki Toda, and Ryoji Kataoka, "A clustering method for news articles retrieval system", Proc. 14th international conference on World Wide Web (Special interest tracks and posters) (WWW2005), Chiba, Japan, pp. 988-989, May 2005.(poster) Conference Site
- Hiroyuki Toda, Mitsutoshi Nagahama, Hidekazu Nakawatase, and Ryoji Kataoka, "A Label-Based Navigation Method using Informatively Named Entities", Proc. 1st ECML/PKDD International Workshop on Knowledge Discovery in Data Streams, Pisa, Italy, pp 99-100, September 2004.(poster)
- Hiroyuki Toda, Toshifumi Enomoto, and Tetsuji Satoh, "Goal-Oriented Information Retrieval Using Feedback from Users", Proc. 2nd International Conference on Web-Age Information Management (WAIM 2001), LNCS 2118 pp 72-79, Xian, China, July 2001. Springer