Hiroyuki Toda, Ph.D.
Senior Research Engineer
NTT Service Evolution Laboratories, NTT Corporation
e-mail: hirotoda [at] acm.org
Hiroyuki Toda received B.E., and M.E. degrees in material science from
Nagoya University in 1997, and 1999, respectively. He received Ph.D.
degree in computer science from University of Tsukuba in 2007.
He had been a research engineer in NTT Cyber Solutions Laboratories, NTT corporation from August 1999 to March 2010. He had been a product manager of NTT Communications Corporation from April 2010 to March 2012. Since April 2012, he has been a senior research engineer in NTT Service Evolution Laboratories, NTT corporation.
- Data Engineering
- Data Mining
- Information Retrieval
Main research projects
- Intelligent information access utilizing search engine logs
- Search result ranking using click through logs
- Query suggestion and query type recognition using query logs
- Information access utilizing named entities
- Geographic information retrieval
- Search result clustering using named entities
- Information access utilizing association between texts or text fragments
- Text mining method using graph analysis
- Ranking entities using comparative expressions
- Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ)
- The Institute of Electronics, Information, and Communication Engineers (IEICE)
- Database Society of Japan (DBSJ)
- The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence (JSAI)
- IPSJ Transactions on Databases (TOD) (Apr. 2007-March 2011)
- DBSJ Journal (Jul. 2012-)
- IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems (Special Section on Data Engineering and Information Management) (2013-)